Welcome to the M1A Forum. Join the M1A Rifles community, it's free! Find different interesting discussions on the m1a rifle, m1a scopes, mounts, m1a stocks, ammo and more! There are lots of knowledgeable m1a enthusiasts and m1a rifle owners here on our forum, so feel free to ask questions. You don't need to be a m1a rifle owner to join our community. Join and ask questions about the great M1A rifle.

Best Place To Buy A Springfield M1A?

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Dispatch

Dispatch

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 27 February 2011 - 06:52 PM

Howdy, This is my first post on this forum so..... I would like to ask, who sells brand new Springfield M1A rifles with the best prices anywhere? I live in Florida but would be willing to buy from whom ever has it priced better than anyone, anywhere. Any help is greatly appreciated. This is the beauty I would like and will have soon enough: The Springfield SA9102 Super Match With Over Sized Walnut StockPosted Image

#2 Dispatch

Dispatch

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 01 March 2011 - 01:05 PM

Anyone? /wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-confused.gif

#3 hueycrewchief

hueycrewchief

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 06 March 2011 - 06:58 AM

I am looking myself so I have Googled a lot of sites here is the one I'm looking at now, they all seem pretty close. I am looking at the M-1A Scout. I am going to a gun show this next week-end to see what they are bringing there http://www.gunsameri........AA9122.htm# Here is another manufacture and/or souce of the M-14 or M-1A1 http://fulton-armory........1-1-2.aspx I thought I wanted the bayonet lug and this company has it, also has the auto selector switch which of course is non-funtioning but not sure what kind of big deal that would be other than cool looking and it is a pretty exspensive option, again cool but for what? I do not know much trying to learn what's what myself, going to be intersting at the gun show coming up this week-end in Fort Wayne, IN http://www.memorialc........show-march   Again looking for the best price I can get too so I have been surfing the web to get educated before I go to the gun show and plan on bring an M1-A1 Springfield Scout home but I am kind of intriged with the Fulton-Armory version but Srpingfield M-14 is what I was issued in the US Army in 1965 so I am I guess kind of partial to Springfield Armory too!   Not sure I helped you any other than giving you some sources to look at. /wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gif
President Abraham Lincoln as stated in the Gettysburg Address "From these honored dead we take increased devotion to that cause for which they here gave the last full measure of devotion – that we here highly resolve that these dead shall not have died in vain." "Defend Those That Defended Us"

#4 Dispatch

Dispatch

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 06 March 2011 - 07:15 AM

Why is this rifle so damn pricey, in comparison to say a brand new Colt 6920? I just can't figure that one out. Posted Image 

#5 hueycrewchief

hueycrewchief

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 06 March 2011 - 08:00 AM

Not sure other than maybe the history and it's a semi-automatic version of a military issued weapon not a gun, I leaned that pretty qucilyly and early not say gun, this is my rifle this is my gun, this is for fighting and this is for fun! Evidently supply and demand plays a part in price and it must be pretty popular due to the history and a military issue and they think we will all pay it I guess. I was issued the M-14 in 1965 so no doubt it is special to me, shortly there after the M-16 was introduced but I elected and was given the choice to keep my M-14, it was like a part of me. I would like to find and purchase an M-14 but they are illegal to poccess, once a machine gun always a machine gun according to the feds.      
President Abraham Lincoln as stated in the Gettysburg Address "From these honored dead we take increased devotion to that cause for which they here gave the last full measure of devotion – that we here highly resolve that these dead shall not have died in vain." "Defend Those That Defended Us"

#6 Dispatch

Dispatch

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 06 March 2011 - 08:22 AM

Well, the machine gun part isn't a problem down here, as long as you get the tax stamp and pay the exorbitant price for the weapon, its yours. I still don't see the justification of the current prices on a reproduction, semi-automatic version of a 52 year old rifle. Posted Image  

#7 hueycrewchief

hueycrewchief

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 06 March 2011 - 09:43 AM

I hear ya brother, the only way to own a machine gun or even one that has been fully automatic in this area is have a Federal Fire Arms Liscense and thaaaaat ain't cheap for individual use.   Finding prices for the M1-A-1 Springfield is $1500.00 and up; is that about what your finding? Do you know anything about these;  Fulton Armory M14 Rack Rifle?      

#8 blusmf

blusmf

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 25 June 2011 - 02:11 PM

The best place I found has been http://www.budsgunshop.com.  They offer free shipping and cash discount prices with various ways of getting it.  I have found that they are cheaper than local, http://www.gunsamerica.com, http://www.cheaperthandirt.com, and others.  There have been occassions that gunsamerica had a comparable offer but once you put in the shipping and handling, buds has it hands down.  I have ordered several firearms from them and no complaints, in fact waiting on my SA M1A Scout to be delivered.  You also need a good FFL, I have found a good one about 30 miles away.  While there are some alot closer, my FFL has been in business for a long time and is not in it for the money.  I've seen plenty FFL's that charge an arm and a leg for a transfer, most aren't in business anymore.  If anyone else knows of a cheaper place, please advise.
blusmf "I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." -Thomas Jefferson

#9 Dispatch

Dispatch

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 25 June 2011 - 02:55 PM

Thanks for the heads up!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users