Welcome to the M1A Forum. Join the M1A Rifles community, it's free! Find different interesting discussions on the m1a rifle, m1a scopes, mounts, m1a stocks, ammo and more! There are lots of knowledgeable m1a enthusiasts and m1a rifle owners here on our forum, so feel free to ask questions. You don't need to be a m1a rifle owner to join our community. Join and ask questions about the great M1A rifle.

Go Packers!

• Please log in to reply
80 replies to this topic

#1 M21guy

M21guy

"Compromising is never satisfying"

• Members
  • 4,489 posts
  • LocationWI

Posted 08 September 2011 - 04:58 PM

1-0, another winning season on the way! 108 yard return, wow. No homework done tonight. No more beer for me. It's shower and bed.

#2 m14brian

m14brian

• Moderators
  • 5,454 posts
  • Location29 Palms, CA

Posted 08 September 2011 - 07:28 PM

Yeah, GO PACK!!  I noticed you got the hell off the forum early. Haha! m14brian

#3 M21guy

M21guy

• Members
  • 4,489 posts
  • LocationWI

Posted 08 September 2011 - 09:12 PM

I did, but I'm wound up and can't sleep. Thinking about a friend I dearly miss. He and I used to watch the Packers together.

#4 m14brian

m14brian

• Moderators
  • 5,454 posts
  • Location29 Palms, CA

Posted 09 September 2011 - 12:42 PM

Sorry man.  That makes it tough.  I miss my dad more around this time of year and late fall too. m14brian

#5 M21guy

M21guy

• Members
  • 4,489 posts
  • LocationWI

Posted 09 September 2011 - 01:38 PM

Yeah Zack was like a little brother to me, I loved him with all my heart. The brother I never had. He isn't died, but I'm dead to him I guess. I can't make up for his perception of reality no matter what I do. Maybe someday he'll get it, what being the close friends we were meant to me? Too bad that might be about the time my Will is being read. He knows how much certain things I have mean to me, and they will be his when I die. I doubt very much I'll ever have a wife and kids to leave anything to, so why not? It isn't going to the state. If he liquidates my stuff then at least I can take comfort he'll be set up for a while then to. I consider it my final attempt to set things right between us and that will give me peace when it is my time. Dad did die. That was in October of 08. So yeah, I miss him to. More so come fall.

Edited by M21guy, 09 September 2011 - 10:02 AM.

#6 m14brian

m14brian

• Moderators
  • 5,454 posts
  • Location29 Palms, CA

Posted 09 September 2011 - 03:44 PM

Sometimes they come around, sometimes not.  I had a close friend like that and we did everything together every day for a couple years, then one day things changed and just got new friends and a new girlfriend, which is what I think it really was, he adopted her friends.  Abandoned me pretty much.  We didn't have a fight or anything, just drifted apart and it always bugged me deep down.  I guess I just moved on without any answers.  About 15 years later he showed up again and we hung out a handful of times and it was cool but not exactly the same.  Every now and then I'll go hang out when I travel to where he is. My Dad died in September of '02.  It sees like parts of my life have just stopped in time... m14brian

#7 M21guy

M21guy

• Members
  • 4,489 posts
  • LocationWI

Posted 09 September 2011 - 04:49 PM

I feel like I was the disposable friend. I would have never in a million years done that to him. That hurts. Especially how it all went down. That and with my PTSD and the depression that comes with it, it about killed me literally. I ditched the guns and I became physically sick. I couldn't hold food on either end for weeks. It was really bad for me. I was a mess. Constantly crying in private. I haven't been that bad of since the X ran off with another guy. I drank then and went on a 2yr bender after her. I drank so much I should be dead. That was shortly after I lost my career in the Marines. So I wasn't right for a long time. Apparently I'm still not right. It scares me as much as I scare others. Just tonight Mom accused me of not having compassion. I'm the guy that cares enough to remove a spider from the shower before turning on the water and to her I have no compassion. She don't me at all. Not many do, they only think they do. Loosing Dad was a huge loss. He knew me pretty well. Without him around around it is extra lonely.

#8 m14brian

m14brian

• Moderators
  • 5,454 posts
  • Location29 Palms, CA

Posted 09 September 2011 - 05:56 PM

That sounds like one of my best friends, Rich.  Almost an identical story.  Man I had to pull him out of it every day for about 1 1/2 years until he finally cared again.  I have lost a lot too in my life, a lot of big things.  Had a crazy time after my divorce from my first wife too.  For almost a year I didn't care about a damn thing.  Didn't know what I was doing, no direction.  I had to pull myself out and that sucked hardcore.  But it came around eventually, so it will for you too.  My best advise is concentrate on what you can control for the now, like school, then career.  When the other parts fall into place, be ready.  I have some mild PTSD as diagnosed as well but knowing that, it is something you must work on agressively over time.  It's nothing to be embarrased about like I thought.  Sh*t happens to some of us.  With counseling and therapy, I'm in a way better spot than I was 7 years ago.  I know how you feel though as much as I can, and feel the same way about some of what you said.  When my Dad died, it was like a third of my life was gone.  A best friend, a leader, a comforter, a buddy.  He was a tough Vietnam Vet, very educated , been around the world.  I miss his perspective.  I have to buck up though, as I am a 1st Leiutenant's son.... Man I already said I'm your friend as much as you'll let me be, so let's pick ourselves up and talk about something that rocks!  Like the Packers or M14s!  Chin up, bro, 30 inch steps!  Haha!  We need to get happy.  Need to go to Vegas... m14brian

#9 M21guy

M21guy

• Members
  • 4,489 posts
  • LocationWI

Posted 10 September 2011 - 06:00 PM

I went of to a Marine buddies house after work tonight after work. Had a sixer, and shared a lot of laughs. What we find funny and talk about others would find disturbing. It was fun.

#10 m14brian

m14brian

• Moderators
  • 5,454 posts
  • Location29 Palms, CA

Posted 10 September 2011 - 07:02 PM

Yeah I did the exact same thing, but He's here.  Haha! m14brian

#11 M21guy

M21guy

• Members
  • 4,489 posts
  • LocationWI

Posted 18 September 2011 - 04:42 PM

2-0! Yeah baby,,,in my best Austin Powers voice.

#12 m14brian

m14brian

• Moderators
  • 5,454 posts
  • Location29 Palms, CA

Posted 18 September 2011 - 04:58 PM

Helll Yeeeaaaaaahhh, in my gangsta voice!  Even though I'm a metalhead white boy.  Hahaha!  I think a Bears hunt is next right? m14brian

#13 M21guy

M21guy

• Members
  • 4,489 posts
  • LocationWI

Posted 18 September 2011 - 05:39 PM

Dah Bears

#14 m14brian

m14brian

• Moderators
  • 5,454 posts
  • Location29 Palms, CA

Posted 25 September 2011 - 03:06 PM

Yeah PACK!  27-17, Packers win! Hopefully the winning streak continues. m14brian

#15 M21guy

M21guy

• Members
  • 4,489 posts
  • LocationWI

Posted 25 September 2011 - 03:17 PM

That and the Bears continue to loose. Haha...

#16 m14brian

m14brian

• Moderators
  • 5,454 posts
  • Location29 Palms, CA

Posted 28 September 2011 - 03:43 PM

Aren't you surprised Da Bears haven't tried to trade off Cutler yet? m14brian

#17 M21guy

M21guy

• Members
  • 4,489 posts
  • LocationWI

Posted 28 September 2011 - 03:53 PM

They continue to suck, he might get the toss. Most Bears fans still think he is okay still. I believe he should be terminated. He is the down fall of that team. If they had an Aaron Rogers they'd be great.

#18 m14brian

m14brian

• Moderators
  • 5,454 posts
  • Location29 Palms, CA

Posted 28 September 2011 - 04:00 PM

I don't know about the fans thinking he's ok.  There's a website of fans wanting to trade him.  I couldn't believe this crap when I saw it, but then again, I can believe it. http://www.tradejaycutler.com/ m14brian

#19 m14brian

m14brian

• Moderators
  • 5,454 posts
  • Location29 Palms, CA

Posted 28 September 2011 - 05:49 PM

It isn't 1985 anymore for Da Bears.  How do you size up the rest of the Packer's schedule? m14brian

#20 M21guy

M21guy

• Members
  • 4,489 posts
  • LocationWI

Posted 28 September 2011 - 06:18 PM

I think they could go all the way.  Hopefully they won't loose to the shitty Lions again this year. Always something about Minnesota. Denver this week. I see a Packers win.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users