Welcome to the M1A Forum. Join the M1A Rifles community, it's free! Find different interesting discussions on the m1a rifle, m1a scopes, mounts, m1a stocks, ammo and more! There are lots of knowledgeable m1a enthusiasts and m1a rifle owners here on our forum, so feel free to ask questions. You don't need to be a m1a rifle owner to join our community. Join and ask questions about the great M1A rifle.

No Easy Day

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 M1Aguy

M1Aguy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 281 posts

Posted 04 September 2012 - 05:45 PM

dont know how you fellas feel about this book. i bought it today on my iphone. good read so far. funny thing is its nothing new. richard marcinko wrote about all this type of ct and much more 20 years ago. Rogue warrior gave the Navy fits. i reckon the same going to happen here. top navy lawyer is going to try to prosecute this guy. Red Cell, Green Team and Task Force Blue were unflattering on the president during tha ttime.
They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety- Benjamin Franklin

The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it-Thomas Jefferson

God forbid we should ever be twenty years without such a rebellion. The people cannot be all, and always, well informed. The part which is wrong will be discontented, in proportion to the importance of the facts they misconceive. If they remain quiet under such misconceptions, it is lethargy, the forerunner of death to the public liberty.... And what country can preserve its liberties, if its rulers are not warned from time to time, that this people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms. The remedy is to set them right as to the facts, pardon and pacify them. What signify a few lives lost in a century or two? The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time, with the blood of patriots and tyrants. It is its natural manure. -Thomas Jefferson

The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not. -Thomas Jefferson

#2 m14brian

m14brian

• Moderators
  • 5,349 posts
  • Location29 Palms, CA

Posted 04 September 2012 - 08:49 PM

Haven't heard of it, you'll have to let us know how it is.
m14brian

#3 M1Aguy

M1Aguy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 281 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 01:44 PM

finished this book today. overall a good read. basically a step by step account to end of osama. most of the book however is about the authors other deployments in iraq and afghanistan leading up to that moment.
They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety- Benjamin Franklin

The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it-Thomas Jefferson

God forbid we should ever be twenty years without such a rebellion. The people cannot be all, and always, well informed. The part which is wrong will be discontented, in proportion to the importance of the facts they misconceive. If they remain quiet under such misconceptions, it is lethargy, the forerunner of death to the public liberty.... And what country can preserve its liberties, if its rulers are not warned from time to time, that this people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms. The remedy is to set them right as to the facts, pardon and pacify them. What signify a few lives lost in a century or two? The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time, with the blood of patriots and tyrants. It is its natural manure. -Thomas Jefferson

The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not. -Thomas Jefferson

#4 Mike Hunt

Mike Hunt

"Energizer Bunny Arrested, Charged with Battery"

• Members
  • 3,375 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 03:02 PM

I'm gonna pick it up when I can, seems like it probably is a good read
Been around the world with the Uncle Sams Misguided Children Travel Agency
Proud Posessor of the Mean Gene

#5 m14brian

m14brian

• Moderators
  • 5,349 posts
  • Location29 Palms, CA

Posted 05 September 2012 - 06:42 PM

That was fast.  My mind wanders too much for me to get anywhere reading like that.
m14brian

#6 M21guy

M21guy

"Compromising is never satisfying"

• Members
  • 4,406 posts
  • LocationWI

Posted 05 September 2012 - 08:04 PM

EMT book my mind wonders inbetween paragraphs. It is very hard to retain anything. However a good western like from Louis L'amour, no problem and the book is read in like Commander Data like speed.

#7 M1Aguy

M1Aguy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 281 posts

Posted 06 September 2012 - 08:34 AM

Agreed m21. Good reads like westerns you mentioned ill just blaze through. Flint,The Quick and the Dead,Conagher and the Sacketts to name a few. Miss louis l'amour's writing.

Other good seal/special forces accounts

1.Lone Survivor
2.American Sniper
3.Lions of Kandahar
4.Fearless
5.SOG(old)authored by john l plaster

#8 Mike Hunt

Mike Hunt

"Energizer Bunny Arrested, Charged with Battery"

• Members
  • 3,375 posts

Posted 06 September 2012 - 11:37 AM

I've been burning through Simon Bolivar and a book called The Longest Battle, its about the war at sea from 1939 to 1945. I picked up alot of good old books at school that were about to be pitched in the trash that I have to get to, I'll be reading them for years before I'm finished.
I started to read Reminisence by Douglas MacArthur and couldnt get through the first ten chapters, pompus A$$ a grand understatement.
Been around the world with the Uncle Sams Misguided Children Travel Agency
Proud Posessor of the Mean Gene

#9 m14brian

m14brian

• Moderators
  • 5,349 posts
  • Location29 Palms, CA

Posted 06 September 2012 - 12:24 PM

I have trouble with novels holding my attention, I am stuck in the middle of Molon Labe.  A fiction book, but a subject many gun guys would be interested in.
m14brian

#10 M1Aguy

M1Aguy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 281 posts

Posted 06 September 2012 - 03:36 PM

Oh i forgot Gates of Fire by Steven Pressfield

#11 M21guy

M21guy

• Members
  • 4,406 posts
  • LocationWI

Posted 06 September 2012 - 08:33 PM

Most of my reading is posts from you guys. So write some more interesting things would you! Sometimes it gets old. lol

#12 Highlander

Highlander

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 160 posts

Posted 06 September 2012 - 10:07 PM

+100 for Molon Labe!  I sure wish Boston would make his books available on kindle!

M1Aguy, I'm diggin your choice of literature!  Lone Survivor, American Sniper & Lions of Kandahar should be required reading.   Along with Last of the Breed, by Louis L'amour!

#13 M1Aguy

M1Aguy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 281 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 11:18 AM

Other war literarure i read and reread.

Lost victories by eric von manstein
The rommel papers by sir liddell hart
This kind of war(korean war)
Patton's third army
Blood on the snow(eastern front russian ww2)
Six silent men(series vietnam lrrp accnt)

Thats a small list.

#14 M1Aguy

M1Aguy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 281 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 11:22 AM

If you like science fiction.

Gaunt's Ghost omnibus by dan abnett.
Entire Horus Heresy all of them.
Just about anything warhammer 40k

#15 m14brian

m14brian

• Moderators
  • 5,349 posts
  • Location29 Palms, CA

Posted 07 September 2012 - 07:37 PM

I can't wait until I'm done with school so I can read again, I like political opinion books too.
m14brian

#16 Highlander

Highlander

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 160 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 07:40 PM

Anything by Vince Flynn, as well. If you like political fiction, read his "Term limits"  good stuff!

#17 m14brian

m14brian

• Moderators
  • 5,349 posts
  • Location29 Palms, CA

Posted 07 September 2012 - 07:50 PM

I was thinking more political commentary, I used to love Ann Coulter, Sean Hannity, and Michael Savage, but haven't read any for years so I don't know if they've lost it or what.
m14brian

#18 M21guy

M21guy

• Members
  • 4,406 posts
  • LocationWI

Posted 07 September 2012 - 08:07 PM

The greatest story ever not told, the one in my head. Still writing it. lol

#19 M21guy

M21guy

• Members
  • 4,406 posts
  • LocationWI

Posted 07 September 2012 - 08:10 PM

I cannot have a diary, because if anyone ever read my thoughts in there entirety, I'd be in trouble.

#20 m14brian

m14brian

• Moderators
  • 5,349 posts
  • Location29 Palms, CA

Posted 07 September 2012 - 08:22 PM

LOL.  Could be a best seller.
m14brian

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users