Welcome to the M1A Forum. Join the M1A Rifles community, it's free! Find different interesting discussions on the m1a rifle, m1a scopes, mounts, m1a stocks, ammo and more! There are lots of knowledgeable m1a enthusiasts and m1a rifle owners here on our forum, so feel free to ask questions. You don't need to be a m1a rifle owner to join our community. Join and ask questions about the great M1A rifle.

No rifle yet...

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 Inspector71

Inspector71

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 10:12 AM

It has been so long I don't remember if I ordered it in March or April. I ordered a Scout Squad, Mossy Oak stock. My FFL ordered from 3 sources hoping to get lucky with one. I still don't have the rifle. I sold my AR10 to my younger brother to finance the M1A. I am getting anxious that it may never come. I thought maybe I should have kept the Armalite. Won't matter now because they are out of stock too. I guess I will hang on. I hope I have it by January.

#2 M21guy

M21guy

"Compromising is never satisfying"

• Members
  • 4,405 posts
  • LocationWI

Posted 12 September 2012 - 11:46 AM

Hang on, the Scout is in demand and it takes a little time. My dealer actually had a hard time getting one for a friend. It took them a week or so, which is almost unheard off for them. It's not that Scouts aren't out there, but some of the stock options a scarce.

#3 Inspector71

Inspector71

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 12:15 PM

M21 thanks, I am starting to get antsy. I know what will happen if I don't hold on. I'll get something else and then it will come in. Someone suggested buying the black synthetic model and changing the stock later. I suspect this costs more than its worth. Anyway, thanks for the plug. I'll hand in there.

#4 Mike Hunt

Mike Hunt

"Energizer Bunny Arrested, Charged with Battery"

• Members
  • 3,375 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 02:14 PM

yeah patience is a virtue sometimes, only M1A's I;ve seen around here are used, well except for a Super Match I saw a few weeks ago. It hasnt moved since I saw it either, 2400 + dollars is ALOT for anyone now a days
Been around the world with the Uncle Sams Misguided Children Travel Agency
Proud Posessor of the Mean Gene

#5 M1Aguy

M1Aguy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 281 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 07:22 AM

Have you made a non refundable deposit on this order? If not try budsguns or even cheaper than dirt. I also found several on gunbroker when i was shopping just last month.
They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety- Benjamin Franklin

The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it-Thomas Jefferson

God forbid we should ever be twenty years without such a rebellion. The people cannot be all, and always, well informed. The part which is wrong will be discontented, in proportion to the importance of the facts they misconceive. If they remain quiet under such misconceptions, it is lethargy, the forerunner of death to the public liberty.... And what country can preserve its liberties, if its rulers are not warned from time to time, that this people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms. The remedy is to set them right as to the facts, pardon and pacify them. What signify a few lives lost in a century or two? The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time, with the blood of patriots and tyrants. It is its natural manure. -Thomas Jefferson

The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not. -Thomas Jefferson

#6 M1Aguy

M1Aguy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 281 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 07:28 AM

http://www.gunbroker...m1a squad scout 6days left
They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety- Benjamin Franklin

The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it-Thomas Jefferson

God forbid we should ever be twenty years without such a rebellion. The people cannot be all, and always, well informed. The part which is wrong will be discontented, in proportion to the importance of the facts they misconceive. If they remain quiet under such misconceptions, it is lethargy, the forerunner of death to the public liberty.... And what country can preserve its liberties, if its rulers are not warned from time to time, that this people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms. The remedy is to set them right as to the facts, pardon and pacify them. What signify a few lives lost in a century or two? The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time, with the blood of patriots and tyrants. It is its natural manure. -Thomas Jefferson

The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not. -Thomas Jefferson

#7 m14brian

m14brian

• Moderators
  • 5,349 posts
  • Location29 Palms, CA

Posted 13 September 2012 - 03:28 PM

+1 to bud's guns, I've ordered from them.  They usually have a lot of guns, plus you can get an email notification when it comes in if it's out of stock.
m14brian

#8 slayer6769

slayer6769

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 4,729 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 06:13 PM

I checked the one on GB that M1Aguy posted. It's used, but in new condition. Probably a good find I would think.

#9 Inspector71

Inspector71

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 12:30 PM

Thanks folks. Most of what I've found are used and expensive. I can get my money back as I went through an FFL and he is willing to go through other sources. But we are finding little. How long would you all wait? It has been since March and now we're well into September. M1A, Scout Squad, Mossy Oak. I sold my Armalite AR10A2 to finance this purchase and am beginning to think this was a mistake.

#10 M21guy

M21guy

• Members
  • 4,405 posts
  • LocationWI

Posted 17 September 2012 - 01:54 PM

Just looked at my dealers inventory. All he has with the mossy oak stock is a std M1a. No scouts at all. to swap it with.

IMO never settle on anything, buy what you want period.

#11 Highlander

Highlander

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 160 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 06:06 PM

Quick check of a couple wholesale distributors came up with a list that reads like the attendance roster at the DNC…. Whole bunch of zeros. SAI has been shipping them out perty regularly, but they don't last very long on the distributors shelves.

I've sold four scouts in the last three months, so your local dealer must not be workin too hard!

#12 M21guy

M21guy

• Members
  • 4,405 posts
  • LocationWI

Posted 17 September 2012 - 07:46 PM

My dealer has sold several scouts this year. However I don't recall one being in the Mossy Oak stock.

#13 M21guy

M21guy

• Members
  • 4,405 posts
  • LocationWI

Posted 17 September 2012 - 07:47 PM

However the Socom blows away Scout sales. Them things sell like hot cakes here.

#14 m14brian

m14brian

• Moderators
  • 5,349 posts
  • Location29 Palms, CA

Posted 17 September 2012 - 08:05 PM

View PostInspector71, on 17 September 2012 - 12:30 PM, said:

Thanks folks. Most of what I've found are used and expensive. I can get my money back as I went through an FFL and he is willing to go through other sources. But we are finding little. How long would you all wait? It has been since March and now we're well into September. M1A, Scout Squad, Mossy Oak. I sold my Armalite AR10A2 to finance this purchase and am beginning to think this was a mistake.
Don't give up, just wait it out.  Sales are through the roof right now which means inventories are low or backordered.  It wasn't a mistake, you just got in at the wrong time.  I'm on 1 year on waiting for a Springfield Armory FBI Professional model, and they are telling my dealer next February or March at the earliest, so I have to wait.
m14brian

#15 Inspector71

Inspector71

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 08:49 AM

Thanks folks. My FFL is small scale so he is low on the list. His out the door price was the Scout M1A Mossy Oak was $1550, taxes, shipping everything. He called his three distributors and they are telling him next year. I am considering picking up something else this year and waiting for the dust of the election to settle and trying again next summer. If I hadn't had to pay for braces $1200 down, plus paint the house summer before last, I could have bought it then before the election stock up now rage started.

#16 M21guy

M21guy

• Members
  • 4,405 posts
  • LocationWI

Posted 18 September 2012 - 09:37 PM

I'd open up the search to include any stock. Honestly the best one is the wood stock. Them plastic things they use really do suck. At least with the wood one you got something to work with. Buy the plastic ones with the understanding they suck and you plan on replacing it.

Scouts are few, but they are out there if you can make an exception.

#17 m14brian

m14brian

• Moderators
  • 5,349 posts
  • Location29 Palms, CA

Posted 18 September 2012 - 10:01 PM

+1 to M21guy, I'd just get the Scout first in any configuration, you can get a stock later.  I'm guessing you like the camo pattern, the synthetic stocks really are inferior, they are just not stiff and fit is marginal not tight.  I'd go with a USGI fiberglass and have it camo'd.
m14brian

#18 m14brian

m14brian

• Moderators
  • 5,349 posts
  • Location29 Palms, CA

Posted 18 September 2012 - 10:02 PM

Also, go to gun shows in nearby large cities, you may find one there.
m14brian

#19 Highlander

Highlander

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 160 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 06:10 AM

The last scout I sold was in the Mossy Oak Break Up pattern. Its stock was a USGI fiberglass that was painted or coated, not the flimsy synthetic my scout came with.

#20 M1Aguy

M1Aguy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 281 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 11:44 AM

Scout squad for sale new. Walnut stock. Local deal just called me.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users