Welcome to the M1A Forum. Join the M1A Rifles community, it's free! Find different interesting discussions on the m1a rifle, m1a scopes, mounts, m1a stocks, ammo and more! There are lots of knowledgeable m1a enthusiasts and m1a rifle owners here on our forum, so feel free to ask questions. You don't need to be a m1a rifle owner to join our community. Join and ask questions about the great M1A rifle.

Can't decide!!!

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Broncs

Broncs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 170 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 01:01 PM

Any masters of photo shop out there? if so can you photo shop a rogue in some of these patterns particularly ASAT, multi and tiger stripe?

http://www.chameleon...S-MILITARY.html
I refuse to tiptoe through life only to arrive safely at death!

#2 mallakhi

mallakhi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 03:59 AM

I'm computer illiterate but I am wondering how much a fan you are of the bull pup design?

#3 Broncs

Broncs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 170 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 10:19 AM

A huge one and thats what got me into the M14's is that chassis because I love bullpups but hat 5.56
I refuse to tiptoe through life only to arrive safely at death!

#4 m14brian

m14brian

• Moderators
  • 5,393 posts
  • Location29 Palms, CA

Posted 16 November 2012 - 05:44 PM

Sorry Broncs I am not good with computers either, just have your favorite pattern applied by a reputable shop in a durable coating and you should love it...
m14brian

#5 M21guy

M21guy

"Compromising is never satisfying"

• Members
  • 4,440 posts
  • LocationWI

Posted 18 November 2012 - 10:08 AM

I was impressed by how the trigger felt in the bullpup chassis. I really thought it would suck, but it didn't. I didn't like all the weight to the rear though, along with not being able to transition to my left shoulder, awkward mag changes and the loss of use of some of the best iron sights ever put on a battle rifle. To me a bullpup chassis is neat and perhaps useful in particular situations, but just going out and spending the money for one, isn't really on the top of my list of things to do. I'd much rather have a socom length rifle in some sort of conventional folder or collapsible stock.

#6 slayer6769

slayer6769

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 4,729 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 12:31 PM

I'm not much for the bullpup myself either. I agree with M21, if want or need a shorter version, I'd go with a Socom or Scout. I also agree that the M14 iron sights are some of the best ever designed. I may be interested in a adjustable length stock. Personally I think the bullpup design is just plain ugly and a abomination to the M14.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users