Welcome to the M1A Forum. Join the M1A Rifles community, it's free! Find different interesting discussions on the m1a rifle, m1a scopes, mounts, m1a stocks, ammo and more! There are lots of knowledgeable m1a enthusiasts and m1a rifle owners here on our forum, so feel free to ask questions. You don't need to be a m1a rifle owner to join our community. Join and ask questions about the great M1A rifle.

Is this in bad taste?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 mallakhi

mallakhi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 08:33 PM

I brought my M1A to the gunsmith last Tuesday morning to get a new scope mounted on it.  I asked time frame and he said Thursday or Friday. I was excited about that, I wanted it for the weekend. Thursday I brought in a qd stud so he could throw it on the stock since he would have it apart.... He knew it was likely coming.  

I asked him how it was coming and he said he was going to try and get at it Monday or Tuesday.  I didn't say anything at the time but now I'm thinking.... It's a simple scope mount and qd stud install, how long can that take?  He's now had my rifle for a week and I'm fairly annoyed.  

I know gunsmiths can be quirky with time and such, but I also toyed with the idea of installing the scope myself.  I went with him because he said it would be done by last weekend...

Is it in poor taste to go see him Wednesday morning and pick up my rifle and scope if he hasn't touched it yet?  

Thanks

#2 M21guy

M21guy

"Compromising is never satisfying"

• Members
  • 4,435 posts
  • LocationWI

Posted 19 November 2012 - 10:16 PM

Depends on your relationship with him. If it was my gunsmith I'd understand and wouldn't worry about it. Shit happens and I know he isn't putting me off just to be a dick. Anyone else I might pick it up and try someone else.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users